View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 05:52 AM   #6
selfdrive
selfdrive began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Like any other program... there's a learning curve. Once you know what kindlegen expects for input, the output is very predictable, consistent and identical to the output from the "alternative options."

I also find that Kindle previewer usually displays exactly what I see on my Kindle (clear down to the justification glitches due to no hyphenation ability).

So saying that they don't "work well" is really sort of misleading. They work very well... if you know how to use them.
Thanks, I am getting the idea that the downloaded Previewer is the problem. My problem is not to do with Kindlegen or text. Simply the book cover.

"The covers do not fit in the Kindle Previewer when the Kindle DX and Kindle are selected."

When you say "I also find that Kindle previewer usually displays exactly what I see on my Kindle " Do you include the cover? Or is the cover flawed?

And thank you to those who have taken the trouble to reply. I'm still surprised that more people have not queried the previewer -- or perhaps it is just the latest version that has the problem.
Thanks, https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliesadd1/thumbsup.gif
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote