View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 02:47 PM   #105
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
I’ve noticed some huge gaps on some albums over the years, so gapless technology would be welcomed. Some songs, especially if they were recorded live or they decided to include 30 sec or so of studio chatter before they start the song can be really annoying. I can’t remember which song, but a few days ago I listened to one that had nearly 30 sec of dead air at the beginning. So maybe the gapless tech can address that too.

35 years ago when I was in graduate school I bought a cassette audio recorder from Radio Shack that had the ability to speed up recorded conversations by reducing the gaps between words to almost nothing. It was great for recording lectures and seminars and then listening to them later as a refresher. You could also speed up the play back without getting the Alvin the Chipmunk sound. It was really cool. If they could do that way back then, good gapless tech between tracks should be doable today.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote