View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #28
heeby
Connoisseur
heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Does the KT have the same kind of back finish on it?
Yep...it's the same in finish and construction really.

Regarding the OP's question I spent a LONG time trying out both the Kindle 4 NT and the Touch to be sure and no matter how tempted I was to try the Touch I just knew the NT felt better to me. Everyone has opinions on these issues but I found the slight lag and the fingerprints (which were very visible to me) annoying. Other than the screen QC issues the only hardware issues I wish were changed about the NT would be using the larger battery the Touch and K3 have, and adding an SD slot.

For me one of the biggest issues I have with touch anything is lack of tactile feedback and indexing. Haptic feedback won't change this either as it's a half measure. I don't believe touch screens will "replace" keys and buttons at all...they will of course be used in certain applications as they are now but things like the kepboard have evolved to work as well as they can. Porting a keyboard to touch technology removes a lot of it's functionality.

Last edited by heeby; 04-05-2012 at 08:53 PM.
heeby is offline   Reply With Quote