View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I understand you're concerned about your metadata. Don't be. Sqlite is an extremely robust piece of software. I've used calibre heavily for three years while simultaneously hacking on the code, and I have yet to corrupt the database, even *once*.

Newer versions of calibre will even automatically dump to SQL and re-create your database if it gets corrupted. Think about firefox, it uses sqlite to store its settings and various cached data. Have you ever lost your firefox settings?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote