View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #229
pricecw
Zealot
pricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheese

Device: enTourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
But by that definition almost nothing is turned off. I'd have to remove the battery from my PDA, for example. As that reacts in a very short time and I can turn it on by pushing any button on it (unless I turn that feature off, but that's more a keylock than anything else).
That is correct, most consumer devices can be turned off (your PDA has a method I would guess, most do), but normally hitting the button just puts them to sleep, not off.

I don't know if it is a problem or not. Some devices are in a very quiet state in this form, others are not. I am not making that call, I have worked with too many consumer devices to pretend to know about them all, since they are all so different. If you want to follow the rules and be sure, learn how to turn your device off and do it.

--Carl
pricecw is offline   Reply With Quote