View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #54
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
But only two have pressed the issue. I've said this before, but, for example, if I decided to take up a crusade against a Comedy month to the point of having a poll, I bet it would have more than one agreeing with me too.
I haven't pressed it, but I'm very strongly in the "would prefer to change the 2nd classics month category" camp. The whole point of categories is to cover a broad range of topics and expose people to books they might not have considered reading, but with high recommendations might try. Doubling up any of the categories works against that.

I don't care if they get changed to two different subgroups of classics (which works because classics is such a huge and nebulous category--while theoretically any of those books could be nominated now, splitting the category could encourage people to read a type of classic they normally wouldn't), or a different non-genre category (magazine, cookbook, college textbook, creative commons ebook), or an unrepresented genre. I'd just like to see 12 months of different types of books, even if a lot of books would qualify under more than one month.

I'll accept the vote; if more people would like two months of classics than the extra variety, that's fine. But it's not just two people who aren't happy with two months of classics, and it's not all for the same reasons.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote