View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
Announcing: MobiHandler (a Windows program)

This is an announcement/advertisement of my small Windows program for Kindle users (including K4PC): Alissa's MobiHandler.

Once installed, this small program makes your Windows Explorer to handle .azw/.mobi/.prc files better; cover images are shown as thumbnails, and you can see the book titles and authors on the list of files. You can also see the Properties of the books. It helps managing Kindle contents on Windows PC, especially when you download a lot of (probably free) .mobi files from the internet (including this site )

See the screen shots below.

It works on Windows XP (SP3) and Windows 7, including 64 bit editions. It should also work on Windows Vista, although I have not tested yet.

The installable file is available on my SkyDrive page at http://cid-88858bc052aea782.office.l...ic/MobiHandler. Download the file "mobihandler-1-0-setup.msi" on the page and double-click on it to install. (The ".msi" part of the file name may not be shown, depending on your settings.) You should review the Readme.txt file before downloading. It is attached below for your convenience.

If you are a programmer, the set of source files is also available on the same page as "mobihandler-1-0-src.zip".

This is the first public release, so you need to expect bugs. Please let me know if you find one. Don't install it on a PC for important purposes. Use it on your own risks.

I love to hear your feedback. Post any questions and comments here, or you can write me at <alissa_sabre@yahoo.co.jp>.

Have fun!

-- Alissa

After this initial announcement, I updated the program several times. Grab the latest file with the largest version number when you try. -- Alissa

Note added on 2011-9-19: After almost 6 months, I released the version 1.1 of MobiHandler. Many problems have been solved. It is on a same SkyDrive page as before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss1.jpg
Views:	4605
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	69388   Click image for larger version

Name:	ss2.jpg
Views:	5926
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	69389  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Readme.txt (10.6 KB, 3549 views)

Last edited by Alissa; 09-19-2011 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Added a note on release of ver. 1.1
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote