View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 06:36 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
The CS rep told me that the update is having bug issues and that it would be best to wait a while (no time frame given) prior to trying to use the new update.

So... update if you like but beware.
I'm betting that if a supervisor was monitoring that call the rep would be in big trouble for going off script and telling you that. Level 1 support people are sometimes pretty clueless. There are often unexpected bugs that don't show up until after release--and there is a list of known problems that occur for some folks, but not for most, which may or may not be addressed by a tweak to the update. Seeing how things are playing out, I would not use the updated reader with the desktop until I had 1.9 desktop, too. Other then that, the vast majority of folks will not have problems with the update in its current form. In any case, the sky is not falling.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote