View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 01:30 PM   #43
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHunter101 View Post
Wow, updating to 3.17.0 from 3.15.0 is a great way to ruin one's Thursday.

Two devices so far, AuraHD and AuraH2O, had the "Critical Error. Factory Reset your eReader" message.

I suspect it is my 128gig card and the very large database it creates. After the factory rest and re-updating to 3.17.0 it has to re-catalog everything, which will take about 11 hours on the AuraHD, 10 hours on the H2O.

Now to try and update the Glo (you would think I would learn), but this device has only a 64gig card, so there is hope

Shunter

ps. you suck Kobo
Perhaps if you limited yourself to the 32GB uSD cards mentioned in the device specifications? So far, I've managed to update 5 devices without issue and one Glo where I removed the 3.16.10 firmware by factory resetting before updating. The device with the most storage was an Aura HD with an internal 32GB uSD card and an external 32GB uSD card. On that one, I did pull a backup of the database just in case but it went without issue. Even allowing for a rather large average of 2MB per ebook, 32GB gives me the capability of having ~16,000 ebooks on a card. Hmmmm.... 16,000 at 75 minutes average reading time per book... reading 7.5 hours per day.... about 7 years with no time off for bleeding eyes.

As I see it, a PEBKAC error.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote