Thread: Seriousness The NEW Covid Vaccination Poll
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 10:37 AM   #8
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Now that it's been over two weeks that my wife and I received the Pfizer vaccine, here comes the bad news: The Pfizer vaccine may not offer complete protection against the new African strain.

I'm not discouraged, though. With all the mutations arising, I never expected two shots to be the end of it. I don't doubt more boosters are coming.
I haven't been able to find really detailed information about this "breaking through".
The title seems to me overwrought / frantic.

The study contains only 150 people fully vaccinated. They state the variant was found 8 more times in the vaccinated. There could be 1 in the non vaccinated, 8 in the vaccinated and we don't know if the cases were severe, or just mild or asymptomatic.

To quote them :
Quote:
"Since we found a very small number of vaccinees infected with B.1.351, it is statistically meaningless to report disease outcomes," he said.
They even admit the numbers are too low to conclude anything.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote