View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 02:56 PM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For me, I cart around a laptop bag with my laptop and iPad Pro (both supplied by my employer and needed for work). Tucking my Forma into one of the pockets adds little to the weight.

Comparing my iPhone to the Forma, the Forma has close to double the screen area (1.8 to be more exact) which allows me to use the larger font sizes my old eyes prefer and the 4x3 aspect ratio of the Forma allows me longer lines compared to the 16x7.4 iPhone aspect ratio (4.8" width compared to 2.8" width). The weight is pretty much a sawoff with the phone coming in about 30 grams heavier. I won't get into the Eink vs LCD vs OLED argument other than to say that I am able to read on my eInk Forma for hours comfortably while on my OLED iPhone, my eyes start bothering me before the first hour has passed. This restricts the phone to when I have a few minutes to kill.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote