View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
I live in the UK so obviously I have a UK credit/debit card and this prevents me from purchasing several titles that I would like. I would like to know is there any way to bypass regional restrictions on any of these sites?

Barnes & Nobles
Amazon
Sony
Kobo

Ender's Game really appeals to me, if I purchase a gift card on amazon and then redeemed it on another account could I purchase it? I understand that you can't purchase Kindle titles without either a Kindle or Kindle for PC/Mac registered to your account. Would transferring my Kindle to the other account and back work?
I think that those of us who live in a geo-restricted area may have to cultivate a friend (or three) who live in the US, and can make the said purchase on our behalf. After all the book is a file that can be e-mailed.

Financial arrangements, of course, by mutual agreement ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote