View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #14
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I don't bother to remember them, because they aren't important to me. A book is simple entertainment. When I'm done with one, I move on to another one.

That.

The last time I highlighted any quotes when reading was back when I was in college and needed to remember them to include them in papers I was writing.

If some turn of phrase or cogent observation strikes my fancy when I'm reading, I have a tendency to remember it anyway. But I tend not to read books in order to reflect upon the state of human existence or civilization; I read for entertainment, scientific/historical curiosity and escapism. I've served my time in the real world so I know all I need to know about human motivations; been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

I'm simply not interested in highlighting bits of books in order to go back to ruminate on them at a later date.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote