View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #4
piovac
piovac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Note 4, Samsung Tab S, MacBook Pro
@BetterRed You understand correctly, thanks for the tip. I was not aware that of the problem. I tried to copy the record to other libraries and the notes file was preserved. But then I just tried to rename the author and the file was lost.

I've other similar situations, described below, that probably need the same attention. Comments on how you handle this?

Supplemental material. I like to keep additional material like example code, errata, etc., including my scanned hand notes, together with the book. The method I found so far in OSX is to put all together in a ISO image and import it as a book format. Differently from the Skim notes, the "dummy" .iso book comes up in the list as a format. Does it mean that the ISO is at this point a registered format?

Paper books. Similar situation. I like to use calibre to keep record of my paper books. I created several dummy files (dummy.paperback, dummy.hardcover, ...) that I import when I create the book record and they show up as a format. Similarly as before, is it good or do I need to register the format as well?

One last question, is the formats registration data store in the calibre database of the library?

--piovac
piovac is offline   Reply With Quote