View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #15
Patricia1066
Zealot
Patricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle PW 10th gen, Kindle Fire 7 9th gen, Kindle KB 3rd gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Although based in the UK I've been buying from the US site for many years, (using Kindle for Mac), but today I received an email asking for proof of my residence in the US so it seems as though they are trying to close this loophole. I'd be interested to know if others are being asked for proof of residence.
Lyn, customer services at amazon didnt help me when I asked them how can I download US purchases. But they didnt say I couldnt buy from them.

I just solved how to download US purchases. I put the kindle app in Trash, then followed the advice on this link below. Basically you need to remove all kindle preference and app support files, before you will be given the option of registering another account. My problem may not be common except with those people who managed the UK/US stores with separate accounts.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131264
Patricia1066 is offline   Reply With Quote