View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #21
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
No doubt that it is useful. Total doubt that it will ever gain much market share. Windows RT is more powerful in what concrete ways?

I can get an awful lot of real work done on an iPad with any BT keyboard and a handful of relatively inexpensive (and yet elegant) apps. And it'll run for a solid 10+ hours. Multi-tasking? Dual windows? I can see how those would improve productivity. But if I'm pushing that hard I'm going to use my HP EliteBook or similar desktop-ish hardware.

Windows RT is the answer to a question very few people are asking. Surface Pro is a different kettle of fish. I want that device to prosper so I can buy the 2nd or 3rd generation, when battery life is up and weight is down.

They need to take a few hundred of these unsold RT's and make a wall of shame in their headquarters. Make it a hall of shame and they can add some Zune's, old Windows CE phones, and XBoxes that RRoD'd on the other side. Please leave room for Office 365...
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote