View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #67
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by auspex View Post
I believe the answer should be "yes, you could do that", but I (a) don't have an instapaper account, and (b) have never written a Google Apps Script.

The Instapaper API provides for OAuth authentication, which is how Google does authentications, so well supported by the Google Apps Script Urlfetch service. It would seem that you could then use Instapaper's /api/1/bookmarks/list and /api/1/bookmarks/get_text APIs.

The one drawback I see is that it's a violation of Instapaper's API Terms-of-use to have the Apps script store your username/password, so you'd have to enter them every time you used the script.
Great! Thank you auspex for this info. Good to know it should be conceivable. I tried to look into it but I'm just not knowledgable enough to mess around with it. I'll just have to use Calibre's fetch method until someone with the time, interest and and knowledge comes along.

The drawback you mention I think should be alright. If I remember correctly you don't need your password, just your email address, to collect the epub.

Another way would be to not use Google Drive at all, but build an option into the Kobo Grive tool so it would check both Kobo servers, Google Drive and Instapaper during sync. But I should stop hijacking this thread, I'm sorry
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote