Thread: PRS-T2 Hacking the T2
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #89
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
rupor,
Interesting if anybody else with EU model will confirm it.
I don't really want to try that AMR for the third time. But even if I do, what information can I provide when it does not even boot?
I can provide any information you want with the previous working AMR.
The 1.82 GB image or whatever.

When T2 failed to boot after installing 2012-11-21 AMR for the first time, I assumed there were conflicts with already installed apps.
But the second time it was a fresh install with no additional apps whatsoever.

Perhaps I could experiment with the order of steps, or skipping some optional steps.
For example - would it work without the dictionary step?
But I really do not look forward to restore from backup again - for those anxious 10 minutes ...

Rupor, perhaps you could implement a safer way to restore from backup - a way that does not depend on an external computer being stable for 10 minutes?
An update procedure from the card with the full backup also present on the card.
If it is possible, it would be much safer for everybody.

Optionally - a partial restore, only system and data partitions for the case when data/sdcard re-partitioning was done. That way even if the restore process goes wrong - it can be repeated again and again.

Last edited by parkher; 11-23-2012 at 04:20 PM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote