View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #66
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Gaaa...I've been wanting to read Graham Hurley's UK series with Joe Farraday for a long time, so finally, after double-checking that the first in series wasn't available for kindle in either US or UK, I broke down and ordered from Book Depository (which I've been trying sooo hard to stop doing) and the book arrived last week. Still unread, but of course that's a different story...

Then after the Friday night commute from hell, I settle down to a nice browse through ereaderiq, and what's the first thing that pops up: The Turnstone, first in the series and the DTB I got last week - freshly kindle-ized for $2.99 instead of the $12 I paid...

So okay, thanks for listening to my rant, if anybody's interested, looks like he's self-pubbing the first three in the series, plus a book about the series, plus a bunch of his stand-alones from the 90's.

Here are the search results on Amazon (including of course the usual random outlier that's not meant to be part of the search...)

Graham Hurley

Happy weekend everybody, I'm off for a glass of wine, to chase down my whine...
Ah sorry about that, but these look good. Thanks!

Back to Wakefield Press - another good Australian author is Patricia Carlon, but I do not think we will see her in ebooks (other than the two they already have), as she was published in paper by Soho, and they are not even showing her listed at their website, and she is now deceased. Soooo - I broke down and ordered all the used paper ones from Amazon at under $4.00 each.

Quote:
After her death it became known that she had been profoundly deaf since the age of 11: something even her publishers had been unaware of, as she always communicated with them by letter. Her deafness has since been related to themes and plots in her novels, in which people in possession of the truth about a crime are often isolated and in peril, either through being physically trapped, or because they are unable make others believe them
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Carlon

The Whispering Wall was particularly like this. The main character was in some sort of vegetative state, and Carlon was really great with evoking the claustrophobic feeling.

She writes primarily psychological suspense and has been compared to Ruth Rendell.

Patricia Carlon Books
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote