View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #11
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Credit cards, PayPal - they all take their pound of flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
Sorry, not using PayPal means just that. I strongly suspect that PayPal take a small percentage of any payment you have them handle,
As do credit card companies. It's why I don't use plastic when I patronize my local businesses and restaurants, even for some sizable purchases. CC companies also present a lot of practical problems to someone just trying to gather a few bucks on the web. Small businesses? They put a floor on the amount you can spend with a piece of plastic because of those "awesome" CC company swipe fees.

Make no mistake - magic plastic cards carry a tax, it's just that the customer usually doesn't pay it.

If you feel strongly about the leeching PP will do wrt your Calibre donation, do what I do every time I use PP and kick in a small percentage over and above. Making the payee jump through even more hoops to get paid doesn't do them any favors.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote