View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #59
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bisson View Post
What's this "recommended" crap?! I didn't buy the "with offers" version of the kobo. If they start forcing advertisements on me I'll be the first to switch to kindle or sony.
I see a big difference between Kobo telling me about books they sell that I might actually be interested in and ads for toothpaste, tube socks, and blue jeans--but that's me. Ultimately, I decided (after really blowing off some steam that sounded very much like yours in the beta group) that if the recommendations morphed into something that seemed closely aligned with my actual interests and I had the option to display the shortlist and not see anything else, I could live with it.

It took me awhile, btw, and what sealed it for me was seeing the recommendations get better and the ability to have the shortlist persistent.

Last edited by taming; 12-23-2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: grammar
taming is offline   Reply With Quote