View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Newbie questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBr View Post
I have just started using Calibre and have some questions. I am downloading Kindle books from Amazon.

1. Should I be selecting the .azw file or the .mbp file when importing books into calibre?

2. Is there a way to have Calibre monitor a directory so that when new books are downloaded, it will automatically detect them?

3. If #2 is not possible, is there a way in the "Add books" to have Calbire only add books that are not currently in Calibre?

Thanks,

Eric
1. azw (most azw's are infested with the dreaded drm so all you can do is store them)
2. not that i know of
3. during the add books process calibre'll ask if you want to add any dups
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote