View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #8
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
A vast majority of my epubs have underscores in the file name, and I've not encountered this problem.
I spoke too soon, I guess. Apparently you only get the factory reset screen when starting the Kobo from power off rather than simply sleep mode. Thing is, I have done a "cold start" in the past with no problems, but now, suddenly, there it is. Since you can just exit out of the screen with no apparent ill effects, I'm not too worried.

Edit: O.K., something got really messed up and I kept getting errors every time I connected to Calibre (for the record, I deleted some books directly from the Kobo itself, which is apparently a bad idea if the database is corrupt), so I did the factory reset and I'm trying this tip now. We'll see how it goes.

Edit 2: Looks like it worked.

Last edited by the.Mtn.Man; 08-19-2011 at 06:58 AM.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote