View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 01:56 AM   #44
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSBS View Post
Hi I just got CC now that Amazon allow it on the Fire, and thankfully I now have a way to see collections (via a custom column) on the Kindle but I wondered if there was a way to add a sort option to the list at the top of the screen?

A number of my books have 01, 02 etc. as the first part of the title so the way it looks now all the books are jumbled up together I would like an option that allows me to search based on the custom column and then by any of the other options like title, date etc.

I looked on the forums but I couldn’t see anything, so apologies if I missed it.

Thanks
It might be possible to add sorting on a custom column as long as the column is shown in the grouping drawer and the column is single-value. The problem might be performance. I will add the request to the wish list. Compound sorting (sorting on multiple columns) isn't going to happen.

However, as the other posters have indicated, you might want to reconsider using the title for just the title. There are other ways to solve the series ordering problem on devices, for example by using plugboards and templates.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote