View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #24
Linwe
Enthusiast
Linwe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
First, you can delete in bulk easily when connected to calibre as a wireless device.
Yup, I often do that when I'm "cleaning" or updating, but I'm not always attached to my computer when I'm removing books from my device, and I'll be going on an overseas vacation soon without/minimal access to my computer.

If your search for what to delete is based on tags then you might be able to do the search directly in the device view.

Quote:
OK, to your suggestion: how do you see it working? Do you want to delete all the books in the displayed list? For example, do a search or group on something, then delete all the displayed books?

Do you want to "mark" each book somehow and then deleting all marked?
Any of that sounds good to me. Marking might be closer to what I was thinking of, since a group search might have to span multiple categories or at least select parts of a group/category.

Quote:
Ahhh, I see, there is a bug here. The booklist is positioned to the beginning when a book is deleted. I will fix that so that the booklist is positioned approximately where it was. Does that solve your problem?
YES! Thank you!

Quote:
Out of curiosity, why do you have multiple formats of the same book on the device?
I have a couple of fanfics where the authors have "revised" their works from the very beginning so really one version is the original and the other is the new version. "Fading Lights" is the first to come to mind; the old has 10+ chapters, the new has 3, and I like to flip between the differences so far. One of my quirks. I also find some formats look better depending on the app used to read them, but that's mostly just how calibre formats the original pulled from online.

Quote:
One thing that might help: create a "formats" custom column and add that column to CC's grouping drawer.
Will definitely look into doing that, sounds like a much easier option to deal with.

P.S. - my greatest downside is probably that I'm using a Kindle (Fire HDX), so updates look like they'll be a little delayed for me.

Last edited by Linwe; 04-02-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Linwe is offline   Reply With Quote