Thread: PRS-T1
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 08:44 AM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
There is no need to convert an epub with calibre to make it work on a Sony. If the epub passes the tests, then it will be displayed on a sony more or less as intended.
Unfortunately, the way some publishers "intend" to display an ePub is with spidery thin and light fonts and huge margins. (At least I consider light fonts and wide margins unlikeable. I realize my taste may not be the same as others.) I also read these books on earlier Sonys that don't have any built-in font or margin choices at all.

As for the "right way" to convert books ... I just think the way I do it is easy and gets the results I want. I realize there is a whole lot I don' know about ePubs ... but I don't know if I'll ever need to learn much more.

But I will look at your template. Maybe I can figure it out.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote