View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 12:35 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelde View Post
I purchased my first Kobo reader today, the Libra H20. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to connect to my PC. I get the message 'Connected and Charging' on the Kobo but the PC won't recognise it. If I go to the device manager in Windows 10 it appears as an unknown USB device.

I've tried 3 cables and connecting it through different ports, both directly and through a USB hub. It will connect to my wife's PC, she is also running Windows 10.

Any idea how to overcome this issue?
Without your Libra H2O connected, try running devmgmt (just type that into the search box and click on Device Manager. Once you have Device Manager open, click on View and select Show hidden devices. Look under Universal Serial Bus devices and uninstall the greyed out devices. Next look under Universal Serial Bus controllers. Uninstall any greyed out devices under there. Repeat for Unknown Devices if that heading shows.

Alternately, go to USB Device Viewer at Nirsoft.com, download the appropriate 32 or 64 bit version. Unzip it into a directory of your choice and then run it as administrator (saves having to say yes for every deletion) and remove any unknown USB devices.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-07-2020 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Changed install to unzip
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote