View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 07:19 AM   #1
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
Lewis & Short: A Latin Dictionary. v1. 30 Dec 2014

This is the unabridged Lewis and Short, a standard reference work for latinists, which I converted to StarDict and XDXF format from the Perseus XML file. It will work with Fora dictionary, ColorDict, GoldenDict, and any other dictionary program that supports the StarDict or XDXF formats. I have used it on a rooted Sony e-reader as well as a Nexus 7 tablet. Latin words include macrons and breves, but Greek words are displayed as romanized text for compatibility with programs that may not properly support unicode.

The abridged edition entitled An Elementary Latin Dictionary is usually a better choice for casual reading. I recommend iohannes_brun's version which can be found in this thread.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lewis and Short.zip (19.72 MB, 1705 views)
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote