View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Slow sync speed is mainly a problem during the initial sync, if you have a large ebook library. After that you sync and transfer only changed and added books. Since CC is so easy and quick to use that can be done very often. You sit at your computer, add books to Calibre, or fix metadata, and have your phone or tablet with you and sync right away.

My tablet has 64 GB of memory. Assume that an average novel in ePub format is around 500 kB. That means that there really is no reason for me not to keep ALL my ePubs available on my tablet. Actually I have room for many more books on my tablet, than what I've actually got. Why wouldn't I want to have them all available on my tablet? One obvious reason is as a backup. Another is that I don't know in advance what I would like to read next. And I might like to reread or check stuff in some books. My "good" set of books (books that I like to have available) is around 2000 books. Mostly ePubs, but also some PDFs. It would be fantastic to be able to update that library using Wifi, instead of removing and syncing to a removable external memory card.

Hopefully CC will in the near future allow me to do this. (Fingers crossed.) Currently CC crash due to memory issues after around 580 books.

I use Calibre to add new books or to fiddle with metadata and series info and so on. And I read using my tablet. I currently use an elaborate scheme with folders for genres to allow me to easily create and update collections in Mantano. Works fine, but WiFi with CC would be much better!

Last edited by Adoby; 08-18-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote