Thread: Tablet 8GB vs 16GB
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #13
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaejr View Post
Keep in mind that the advertized internal storage (not operating system RAM) available for YOUR stuff on the 16GB (not sure about the 8GB) is only 1GB. The rest is only available for purchases you make from B&N. They do have an in-store 'fix' that allows you to access a little more...either way it is a bit deceptive on their part as to the amount of the internal storage you can use for your own content. If you read the fine print item #6 it lays all this out for you.

Rooting does not appear to free up this internal storage either...yes a MicroSD card allows extra storage, however, that is not the point. It is advertized with 16GB storage but only 1GB is accessible for your content...

I got one for my wife and we are seriously considering taking it back and letting B&N know the exact reason for the return and that we will be buying a competitors device instead.
I would have it repartitioned at the store; the alternative partition gives you 1/2 of the space for B&N content and 1/2 for sideloaded.

There is a compromise here; some of the magazines are in the 500-1000MB range, so the B&N partition can't be too small.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote