View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 07:08 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
Great! Thanks for all the replies!

Now, my next quest is to find a reasonable set of earbuds. I was just in Costco an hour ago and they had some Beats brand ones for $110. And the Costco website shows some Apple ones for $140. I'm going to look for something cheaper if possible. I was thinking more like $30, unless those all turn out to be total trash. I won't be using these to listen to music, only speech in audiobooks, and I don't need noise canceling either. I already have some great studio monitor headphones for music. I'm not looking for a replacement for those. Earbuds for voice-only should not need to be expensive I wouldn't think.

[edit] p.s. - Even though I had already ruled out the Apple earbuds because of expense, I looked a little closer and would have ruled them out for functionality as well. There is no mechanism for them to play/pause - no buttons. That totally defeats my purpose for wanting earbuds. I guess Apple expects you to do all those functions by voice using Siri. This is not applicable for me. And I would think it would be annoying to people near you in an office setting if you had to speak all your commands rather than silently pressing buttons. Oh well, so much for Apple's design. Way too expensive for me anyway... [/edit]
If you take one out of your ear it will automatically pause the music. Put it back in and it will start back up.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote