View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 08:14 AM   #9
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Unless the Kindle suffers the same fate as Sony in the stores - every store I've been in that has a Sony display (Staples, Sam's Club, etc.) - the display model is non-functional - and no one in the store admits to knowing anything about the reader or how to make it work.
I can relate. I recently went to Best Buy to check out Sony's Daily Edition, and guess what????

Haven't experienced that at an Apple Store; perhaps because their employees are well-trained. I don't blame Sony, and I certainly don't assume that because the store model was beat to heck that what I saw amounted to a hands-on experience, but Best Buy and B&N could learn a bit from Apple Stores, and increase their sales while doing so. At least train employees to remove defective display merchandise.

My prediction is that Target customers will tear the Kindle display models to shreds. It's a good and reliable device, but the public can be rough on displays.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 04-09-2010 at 08:16 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote