View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 05:32 PM   #65
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
WHY? If it will not hook up to the same equipment that works perfectly with 4 other Kobo readers, including another Aura One, then I do not want it. If I cannot use it with the equipment I have then to me it is defective as I have about 20 devices on the network and none have had any problem connecting other than a blacklisted Kindle I bought on ebay and returned.

Even if it hooked up at Walmart or Starbucks, etc I would still consider it defective as everything else works with my Wi-Fi setup as have friends portable computers. When one of about 20+ devices refuses to join the network the one failing device is defective the way I see it. Using the network right now to write this. Kobo has already agreed to replace it so I am now just waiting for the paperwork.

BTW I worked in reliability and specification compliance engineering in Silicon Valley for almost 20 years and anything that did not work the same as other same type electronics was considered to be defective.
I do agree. If other devices work on your Wi-Fi and the one device doesn't, it's the device.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote