View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #13
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Welcome CJ! Always nice to seen an author on the forum. Now if we can just get Lawrence Watt-Evans over here...

I must confess I have not read your work in some time, but I did so frequently during the 80s; Cuckoo's Egg is a classic and deserved a Hugo, but the competition that year was insane: Ender's Game, The Postman, Footfall? No shame in losing that contest.

I also read several of the early Heroes in Hell books, because I felt it was a fascinating concept that you did not see explored much in speculative fiction at that time. A failed experiment, perhaps, but a very noble and worthy effort.

If I had a question, it would be along HarryT's line of thought: where do you find time to read, and what do you read?

Anyway, welcome to the forums and I highly recommend getting a Kindle or other portable eInk reader; they've completely improved my own reading experience!
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote