View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #15
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
I've heard of the Tommykockers but never the regulators. I did enjoy reading Desperation.
The Tommyknockers I loved. But numerous people (including King himself) didn't, so take it with a grain of salt. I've read the book twice.

The Regulators was written at the same time as Desperation and the two books were published at the same time with interlocking covers. Desperation was published as a Stephen King book and The Regulators was published as a Richard Bachman book.

King took the ideas and characters from Desperation and said 'I wonder what would happen if I plunked these characters into an Ohio suburb?' and did just that.

Each book is independent of the other, but it is neat to see how characters in one book play out in the other.

Here's the two original covers, side-by-side:
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote