View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 10:33 PM   #4
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
And the last novella in Different Seasons is being made into a movie as well, according to wikipedia. But I digress.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Breathing_Method#Film
Thanks, that is interesting to know. This was certainly the least memorable of the quartet. Apt Pupil was memorable, I just didn't like it.

To refer back to my previous post, I do think Needful Things qualifies as lesser known and will add that I found it a delightfully grubby story, like a perverse version of the pay it forward idea: you can have what you think you need if you will just do this small, but nasty little thing to someone else. It was, I thought, quite cleverly done. Like so many other King books, the movie made from this was disappointing (despite having quite a good and appropriate cast).
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote