View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 05:46 PM   #24
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo69 View Post
Thanks Been using Calibre for years but didn't know that folder was there.
Should that be backed up too when exporting Importing to new pc?
Should be backed up along with your libraries, just like all your other data

To transfer calibre to a new computer there's an Export/Import option in the Library icon drop-down menu. Export will bundle all the calibre data (libraries and configuration) on the old computer into a spanned archive. Import will read the spanned archive and re-create the calibre data on the new computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo69 View Post
These are the book pngs I added. Oops it doesn't tell you anything about them
I used them in a couple of columns in my < 50 books test library, one of them was a Y/N column, with no noticeable performance penalty, so I used them in my much larger Media library (97K books), again with no noticeable performance penalty - but I don't have any Y/N columns in that library.

My computer is less than six months old, its a 16GB I7-7700 Kaby Lake, my configuration data is on the 256GB .M2 SSD system drive, and my libraries are on a SATAIII 2TB Toshiba hard disk.

Which suggests it has to be your computer config, give us a few details

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-21-2018 at 05:50 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote