View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 04:06 AM   #19
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo. Samsung Galaxy Tab. Kindle 4 2011
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You can download load them to wherever you want, but when you add the icon to Look and Feel->Column Icons->Add Rule, viz:

Attachment 161470

that will copy the selected file into the cc_icons subfolder in your calibre configuration folder, and I just noticed it seems to do some 'optimisation' as it does so, viz:

Attachment 161471

So re-sizing, and re-saving the original you put into your Documents folder will make no difference, because the file calibre will use is the one it copied into cc_icons.

I normally download the png to my desktop, do any resizing and resizing there before adding the icon to calibre's column icons and then I throw the one on the desktop away.

BR
The icons in my columns you told me how to do are really useful. It is just taking 15 seconds for them to work, even though made them smaller.

I don't seem to be able to see your screenshot on my pc.
Don't know where the icons are stored.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	161715  
Jo69 is offline   Reply With Quote