View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 06:04 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo69 View Post
They are 128 x 128
6.87 kb

Changed it to 48 x 48
3.46kb but still slow.

I have saved them in my Documents Should I have saved them in calibre?
You can download load them to wherever you want, but when you add the icon to Look and Feel->Column Icons->Add Rule, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	161470

that will copy the selected file into the cc_icons subfolder in your calibre configuration folder, and I just noticed it seems to do some 'optimisation' as it does so, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	161471

So re-sizing, and re-saving the original you put into your Documents folder will make no difference, because the file calibre will use is the one it copied into cc_icons.

I normally download the png to my desktop, do any resizing and resizing there before adding the icon to calibre's column icons and then I throw the one on the desktop away.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote