View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 11:00 PM   #474
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by byzkarl View Post
I have noticed after 5.8.8 that this isn't working as well as it used to. I replaced Helvetica as the sans font with Charis modified larger, and some of my books change, but others don't. Personal docs change, some older books do (Lord of the Rings), but Ender's Game, and Neal Stephenson's System of the World don't, for example.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

It's on a KV.
Do those books have embedded font? Make sure you select Helvetica instead of publisher's font.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSilmaril View Post
I finally got around to trying this tonight (after having updated to 5.8.9 - current jb survived, SS hack confirmed working) on my KV. I followed all the directions here but don't understand which font I'm supposed to select from the Aa menu. I overrode serif, and this appears to have changed some things in the UI - e.g. on the homepage, the list of recommended books on the right appears in the font I just installed. But I don't know how to get this to show up in a book. All of the listed fonts - Amazon Ember, Amazon Ember Bold, Baskerville, Bookerly, Caecilia, Publisher Font, Caecilia Condensed, Futura, Helvetica, OpenDyslexic, and Palatino - all work the way they did before I installed the font using this hack (Garamond Bold). Did something change in 5.8.9, or am I missing something?
Serif is either Caecilia regular or bookerly. You need to select the font. The font menu will not show your font's name.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote