View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 02:16 AM   #4
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlie View Post
I found that paper copies of commentaries are the way to go. I found Logos to be too burdensome and unwieldy for extensive study on a passage--I like to have a few different commentaries on hand, and I like to evaluate large chunks of the various authors' arguments at the same time. I use Logos primarily for language reference works.

Advantages of paper commentaries:
- You can read them w/ a pen in hand and I find this helps me retain the argument
- You can usually find a smoking deal on a used commentary
- Even new, they usually cost a lot less than the e-books on Logos--those prices are extortionate at times.
- They make your office look great
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote