View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #15
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bisson View Post
I read somewhere that authors who sell their ebooks for 99 cents without the help of one of those big publishers actually make MORE money per book.
I can believe that. I've bought a couple of 99 cent books that I wouldn't have bought if they had been more expensive. They turned out to be crap, so those authors won't be making any more money from me, but at least they got a couple of $$. An I don't get too upset to find out that 99 cent book wasn't even worth that much. For crying out loud, it's about the price of a candy bar, and a lot less unhealthy.

I have bought one book at around $10 because it was a book I really, really wanted. In general I'd say that probably a few $$ more than I want to spend on fiction eBooks.

(I borrow loads from libraries, so I actually buy very few books)
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote