View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 01:07 AM   #52
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
It would be a much simpler process if Calibre could Append such a mnemonic to the book titles when it pushes them to a device. Now you would be able to sort by series easily on the device but keep your library clean.

Anyway is this a silly idea? Has something been done to make this happen in a different way already?
This ability already exists. Read this sticky post, specifically the General Metadata spoiler. Also, if you use this make sure you duplicate the plugboard expression one pointing to the title field and one pointing to the title_sort field. Attached is the one I setup for my kids PRS300.

My The Lord of the Rings collection on my device now looks like this

LotR [0.50] The Hobbit
LotR [01] The Fellowship of the Rings
LotR [02] The Two Towers
LotR [03] The Return of the King

But in my calibre library the titles are untouched

The Hobbit
The Fellowship of the Rings
The Two Towers
The Return of the King

Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prs300_plugboard.jpg
Views:	1003
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	68032  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-09-2011 at 01:12 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote