View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 10:26 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I've never noticed any flickering (I assume that's what set off the seizures?) on my PDA (LCD screen). However, when I take the other one in the house (my old one, the one my husband is using ), I do notice some flickering (only when I'm tired though).
You can't see it, that's the whole premise of an LCD/CRT screen. eInk doesn't do this, but doesn't mean anything. I am a bit surprised though by the OP's issue. Perhaps a larger font size should be used. I don't see turning the page on eInk and different than a pbook... isn't there a "flash" when you turn an pbook.

Perhaps trying the Kindle 2 or waiting for the newer Jinke versions with the faster Epson controllers would be a good idea.

The image on the screen is updated 60 times per second. Most people don't see it... but it could affect people that are prone to seizures.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote