View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Epileptic seizures can and often are set off by flickering far faster than people are consciously able to notice. In fact, whether the flickering is noticeable is not likely to be directly relevant to how like it is to cause a seizure. Any type of screen technology based on continuous screen-refreshing (I suspect this includes all CRT screens, and all LCD, and all Plasma screens... everything except eInk at this present state of technology) is a potential hazard. However people tend to be sensitive to particular (though very possibly multiple) ranges of frequencies that induce seizures for them.

Basically if LCDs are known to be a problem, the type of LCD is not likely to make a difference... unless some LCDs only do screen-refreshes upon explicit request. (i.e.: the pixels are continuously on, without any interruption or refresh)

Do I have it right, Curiouspiper?

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote