View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 03:56 AM   #4
weateallthepies
Lord of the Pies
weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Onyx Boox Leaf 2, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
You know, I *want* it to be better; I love the folders, I love the 'recent files,' I really like the 'keyboard lock.' For me, what kills it is the limited font sizes (I tend to read really small fonts to reduce page turns, a hold over from reading on a PDA I think), and the lack of "in book dictionary lookup" (I find I will lookup at least 1 word in every eBook I read, usually more).

That said, I will continue to recommend the BeBook to anyone who is looking for an eBook Reader. It has great format support, easy to understand interface, font sizes are good for the majority of people, and the price is right. I'm just really picky. I'm looking forward to future firmware updates from both companies, sooner or later they should adopt the best of both worlds and leave me with 2 awesome eBook Readers.

See my comparison chart in this post: Comparison Between BeBook and Cybook
You should try OpenInkpot, or there is another firmware here that has FBReader embedded, much better font support for the formats that are supported. Non DRM files only though.
weateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote