View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 11:00 AM   #9
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
Like everyone else, I have a large TBR list, but my tastes change, and I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to discover a book I might enjoy now for the sake of a book that I chose in the past.

It sounds like you want to apply this principle to the books already in your TBR; but the difference (to me) is that even if you reject the TBR books, it doesn't make sense to get rid of them completely because preferences change, and a book you didn't care for today might be one you can't get enough of in a few months.
That tastes change is the predominant reason for not acquiring a large TBR. My own experience is that love doesn't come back and that once I'm over something, I'm over it for good. And if the point is to reduce one's TBR, the cuts have to come somewhere. It's still a WIP, but I get more satisfaction from a "muscular" TBR, chock-full of books that I'm dying to read, the formerly appealing ones having been weeded out. In the long run, I'd still be happier even if I found that I'd deleted the odd book that it turned out I wanted to read after all.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote