View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 08:10 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
My seat of the pants reaction is that this would work better in real space as with the google results.

Virtually, if you're enjoying a book you'd be a chump to put it down and move on because of The Rules. You'd lose your momentum and possibly that moment of engagement and would you go back and reread at the end of the experiment or pick up where you left off?

Also, 50 pages or 10% is far too much for a stinker, but I suppose even The Rules wouldn't make you last it out that far. However, my reaction to a borderline response is that you'd probably best be served by jettisoning that, too. There are a lot of books out there. Generally speaking, as proposed I think too much good reading time is being invested here to little purpose.

If you want to cut a TBR, I think it's relatively easy to make those first draconian cuts; realistically there are books you know you'll never feel like reading and probably many that you can't even remember why you got them in the first place. Other than that, I think you've just got to be willing to abandon a book early. And, of course, be much more circumspect about future purchases!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote