View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 12:46 PM   #14
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
yes, I did see the extra . in your post. so just trolling
but being serious now. what exactly broke? When i tried to puzzle it out with 1.72, the error message said network errorand quoted a URL , but that worked fine and downloaded an encrypted book, when i pasted that url into chrome. so its not really a " network error " ....
which suggests that the new overdrive software which my library has switched to is not to blame either. all overdrive has to do is deliver a licence file to the client device ?
So is it some change at Adobe servers which means they will no longer accept licence verify requests from the older ADE versions , and then the old ADE gives a confusing error code & description ?
or is ithe bug actually triggered when a library switches over to the new version of Overdrive, which mine recently did. I Only have the one library membership so I can't test that.

as I understand it - & could be wrong, what ade has to do it get the book details from the acsm file, combine that somehow with my adobe ID from my registry and thus call for an encrypted copy of that book to be downloaded, that decrypts only for that ID ?

DO the library servers get to see what version of ADE I have - or does the checkout process simply create a licence to borrow...

Last edited by stumped; 12-22-2016 at 12:50 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote