View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 11:08 AM   #10
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Latest ADE 4.5 works for me with these steps

Same problem here on one of three Windows 10 computers (no problems on the other 2...) Here's what worked for me.

De-authorize Adobe Digital Editions from the Help command (if not possible, see later. I got an error on this step. Go ahead with the next step anyway)
Uninstall ADE from Control Panel - Programs & Features
Reboot computer
Download and install the latest ADE 4.5 from the official link
http://www.adobe.com/ca/solutions/eb.../download.html

Re-authorize computer

If unable to remove old authorization, or re-authorize, follow these steps from this very helpful link
http://learnbyblogging.com/adobe-dig...ow-i-fixed-it/

1. Quit Adobe Digital Editions.
2. Choose Start > Search for regedit (On Windows 10: it’s in c:\Windows directory)
3. Right click on regedit, ans select “Run as administrator”
4.In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
5. Select “Adept” , right click on it and select “Delete”
6. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
7. Close the Registry Editor.
8. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize (Help->Authorize Computer…).

And Voila! It worked. I can download epubs again.

Note: I also had to update my version of Overdrive to work for audiobooks.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote